Introduction..

Started by Roy, Sep 08, 2024, 09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

Good Morning all..
I'm Roy , been a motorcyclist for many years . Was suggested by another gentleman that there is another long distance group that may interest me , so he forwarded the Facebook link , in which I'm yet to introduce myself . Having a quiet cuppa just a while ago , did some googling and discovered this forum .
A very familiar fore mate too another association I participated in .
So I have found my way here ..
First thing I see , are some very familiar names , that have great respect for . Guessing going to find it difficult to put any photos up , but there is your Facebook page for those ..
Ok.
I own / ride 2 bikes .. firstly my much loved BMW K 1200 RS , yes still have it .
Only 153.000ks travelled . The other an R1200 RT  wet head . It's does any long hauls .
Did my first FarRide Feb 2017 to Mt Beauty . Then a number along the way . Last FarRide was to Tottenham , then the transitional ride to Port MacDonald into Far Roads .  Did Moulamein 2023 .... The first quarter of this was a right off . Had me a health moment , Apr started doing some touring again . With the first big ride was to Narrandera Apr 9  where I met (  another name many will know )  Wingman.. aka Des and friends for a dinner . I do keep in touch with him and a few others .
Derek FR1128 , Snooze , my Son FR1198 on of the last to get a FR# .
So that's about it
Cheers Roy

Lonerider

Welcome aboard Roy.

We tried not to change too many things, but have kept a lot of things similar.

If you wish to post photo's onto the forum, it can be done. Just send me a message and I will forward the instructions.

If you haven't already, please check out our website HERE

Ray Sazonov
SCDR 110
IBA 39079

2014 Blue Honda GL1800

Fatman

Hi there Teddy!

Welcome to the Forum Roy, see you out there.
Michael
IBA # 54972
FarRider # 272
Huntly Vic, Australia

2011 BMW R1200RT

HACKLE

Like Fatman, I'd like to welcome you to this very familiar format Teddy. Cheers HACKLE.

Roy

Good afternoon  Lonerider , Hackle and Fatman . Thank you .i did , have put a post up on the facies . As I requested to join this private group before I discovered this forum .kinda got onto the forum before got accepted into the facies group . Doesn't matter . Anyways , said in post that it was so great to see names I know , and names of people I've met . Mentioned Hackle , Fatman , Lynne , Kimmie just to name a few .
For memory Fatman and Hackle were the first 2 to welcome me to the FR  forum .Again thankyou ..
Figuring it's the same , complete a registered SCDR ride . Then a number is rewarded then some cool merch can be purchased .
This year took a interesting twist at the beginning , had me a mild stroke . ( don't be sad ) I'm still very much about .. apparently , the heart got out of rhythm, created a small blood clot .. that's it .
Since Apr .. that's when I got back on the bikes in a serious manner , and started touring again .Honestly , can not see an IBA ride in my foreseeable future. Definitely working up to do 1000 in 24 . Just not as yet ..
I'm going to admit . Have been in a bit of void . As few I ride with are interested in long hauls, which is perfectly ok . Truly have missed doing long hauls meeting up with , well , with people like us .
Wingman has been incredibly supportive , how he found out , he rang me in March , asked would I be interested in meeting him and few from Shearwater Ulysses at Cooma .
Had to decline as I was not allowed to drive or ride anything at that time , which also put a stop to Moulamein 2024 .
Met Wingman at Narrandera in Apr , then again at Griffith end of May .
Been back at work since start of May .
So each day is getting better and better .
I'm going OK , .
Sorry for the rambling . That's pretty much it
Again thanks .
Stay safe and take care
Cheers

Kimmie

Welcome Roy.

See you on the road somewhere

Roy

G day Kimmie , it's been a while now , as you have figured this in most has been a bit of a right off  as far as any touring is concerned .. except for Apr and May..
As for life overall ....  I consider myself incredibly lucky and fortunate. Above know it . Hoping to get a few trips in with the remaining bit of the year . Glad it was suggested I look for Southern Cross by a member of Aust Long Distance ...
Now here , have a new incentive, feel that will go a long way to return to the time / distance rides , and seeing follow riders whom understand .. be it often only for 30 mins  - a couple of hours . Lakes Entrance I'm seriously starting to think about as a kick starter.
Cheers .
And thankyou for warm welcome